Friday 1 February 2019

Tracking your Reading with a Spreadsheet


I do love a good stats sheet
I was reading Smart Bitches Trashy Books, and they had a 2019 update for a spreadsheet to track your reading. Now I use Goodreads to record my reviews and keep track of stuff I own or want to read. I also keep my reviews in a Scrivener file I recently amended to include meta-data for male or female authors but it doesn’t have the extras that this one does. So, I downloaded it and gave it a go.
After a month’s worth of entries I have a better idea of whether it will work.
Specifically, I wanted to record diverse authors and book characters; this sheet has it in a pie chart. *squees*
Look at that, isn’t it pretty?

I have assumed that having goblins and giants in your story doesn’t technically count as ‘diverse’ characters. I mean if they are goblins of colour [wait… what colour are goblins? never mind…] If they are gay or queer or trans then I count them. And they have to be more than just a token character. That’s how I intend to use it, your usage may differ.
Download it at the link below if you are interested.
Happy reading.

links:

No comments:

Post a Comment