Saturday 17 November 2018

Nanowrimo 2018 - day 16


Daily word count:  940
Total word count:  30,669
Passed the 30k mark. Yay me!
I had a bit of a TV day. A while ago I picked up a DVD boxed set of every episode of Agatha Christie’s Poirot with David Suchet. It’s a beast. All 17 series plus documentaries. With a screen time of 5050 minutes, the only way to deal with it is in small chunks. Like EVERY large project, eh?
I have finally got through the first three series. It’s super educational to learn story-craft. Christie was a master. And I often scribble down notes or ideas for my index card idea box.
Some of the early writers, like Anthony Horowitz, have gone on to bigger and better things of their own. And it’s also fun to see some famous faces among the cast.
Plus, kid 2 and I watched another episode of Midnight, Texas. Lemuel and Olivia’s bed is amazing. I did get distracted by her hair as well. ‘Who did that three level fishbone braid for her? There is no way she could do that herself.’ Kid 2 rolls eyes at me.
Then we stayed on for the first episode of A Discovery of Witches.
Oh my… it is possible that this blog could just become a thirst blog for that show. Twilight was how I started writing and those vampires were sexless, fangless, khaki wearing bloodless disasters. Matthew Goode as an educated professor vampire is totally my vibe. *fans self*
The library has the books!
What’s that Japanese word for a never ending ‘to be read’ pile?
Tsundoku (Japanese: 積ん読) is acquiring reading materials but letting them pile up in one's home without reading them. The term originated in the Meiji era (1868–1912) as Japanese slang
That’s it. Sighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment