Wednesday 21 November 2018

Nanowrimo 2018 - day 20


Daily word count:  1,655
Total word count:  39,778
Not bad. I did some garden chores. Why do I always forget that wielding the electric hedge trimmer over my head to get the bushes that overhang the clothesline, always makes my arms shake for … I want to say days? I will never have Michelle Obama’s arms.
It’s hard to type if your arms don’t work.
[Remember this next time, AM] Luckily I got the words in before I wandered off.
And then I mowed the lawn … and coincidentally ran over all the garden clippings. I reckon a lawnmower is just a big sharp vacuum cleaner.
Later I headed off with kid 3 to see the final exhibition for Sydney College of the Arts students. Kid Extra was helping a friend out with her honours project. It looked amazing.
The campus is set up in what used to be the Callan Park Lunatic Asylum for the Mentally and Criminally Insane. It was built between 1878 and 1884 and is mostly sandstone. Seriously half of Sydney is built out of sandstone. Thanks Sydney basin.
Naturally the current NSW government is trying to sell it to developers. Recently the students had a sit-in and won a reprieve. It stays, for now.
Have an out of focus shot of the clock tower. I felt like it was wrong to put shots of people’s art up here without their permission.

Links


No comments:

Post a Comment