Tuesday 18 September 2018

Goodreads reading challenge



I set a target of a book a day. That seemed reasonable. Last year I ended up reading 425 for the year, so I still have *checks notes* 105 days of the year left. [as IF I’m not going to read any more books?!]
They are a number of genres and a mixture of formats. Shorts stories, long novels, radio plays, audiobooks, library borrows of all types, and physical books. I am a sucker for the Lifeline charity books sales. Heck at $1 a book, I’ll try anything that catches my eye.
And my ratings are spread, too.
5 stars:
64
18%
4 stars:
141
39%
3 stars:
66
18%
2 stars:
47
13%
1 star:
18
5%
dnf:
29
8%
total
365


This is the first year that I’ve been keeping records of my ratings as I go, so I can’t compare it with last year’s percentages. I won’t give everything five stars, that’d be a pointless waste of time, but I’m pretty generous with 40% getting 4 stars.
But how am I going with the boxed sets, I hear you ask. I’ve read 60 boxes of… mumbles… 263.
Sighs
I know one thing: I’m going to be way more ruthless in the future. If I’ve tried two books and they’re both bad, I’m deleting any other titles I have from the same author.
So many books, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment