Monday 27 February 2012

Father John Misty

Father John Misty is not what he sounds like. It is actually the AKA for Joshua Tillman. He was the drummer with Fleet Foxes who are an awesomely cool band as well.
I love this song and the lyrics are great too. The rights for the song and music clip, of course, belong to J Tillman.


FR. JOHN MISTY’S “HOLLYWOOD FOREVER CEMETERY SINGS”

Jesus Christ, girl
What are people going to think?
When I show up to one of several funerals
I’ve attended for Grandpa this week


With you
With me
But someone’s got to help me dig



Jesus Christ, girl
It hasn’t been long so it seems
Since I was picking out an island and a tomb for you
At the Hollywood Cemetery

You kiss
On me
But we should let this dead guy sleep



Jesus Christ, girl
I laid up for hours in a daze
Retracing the expanse of your American back
With Adderall and weed in my veins

You came
I think?
Because the marble made my cheeks look pink
But I’m unsure of so many things


But
Someone’s got to help me dig




I just can't work out (yet) how to embed the video in here. Still on my blog 'L' plates here.
http://vimeo.com/34884525

The girl in the clip is a complete train-wreck and I say that with awe.  I swear there is a story in there somewhere. She's a disaster! But really, who hasn't danced with a lamp at least once in their lives?

You haven't? What the? Add it to your bucket list... lmao

No comments:

Post a Comment