Tuesday 5 April 2016

Several days into over commitment

Right… *dusts off hands* How am I going?
Well… I posted a fanfiction one shot tonight - just over 3k words. It was in my draft folder and I had forgotten about it. Cleaned it up, edited it a little, and posted it.
I have been nominated in the Favorite Veteran Author category of the Fanatic Fanfics Multifandom Awards. I’ve not heard of these before, so again, thank you to whoever nominated me! The website is here:
or is it here:
I don't know, one redirects to the other.
Voting starts on the 11th April and closes May 2nd.
I’ve never made it into a multi fandom awards contest before. How cool.
As an update on my word count and recording everything (as per my earlier post)… 12k words in five days. Not so bad… but - and I know that Monica Leonelle will not be surprised by this - my highest word count per hour is when I dictate:  3,743 words per hour.
The kids - all four of them - are the biggest distraction in an open living room where my desk is in a corner and there are no doors I can close.
And this dictating isn’t really high tech. It’s me, huddled in my bed, talking into my chromebook using the inbuilt microphone and the Goggle Drive speech to text option. It’s not very good with commands, so I will have to go back and edit in speech marks and fix a few mistakes. Not sure how I count that in the word count?
I just noticed it has an Australian English option. I assume that means it can translate ‘yew bewdy mate, let’s go down to maccas for a sausage sanger’ accurately. Or maybe not.
So, back to the writing!






No comments:

Post a Comment