Saturday 30 April 2016

Oh look I didn’t fall on my face

Camp Nanowrimo winner, here. Phew… I did it.


Woo… look at that last day. It is the time zone thing, I updated late one night and then frequently the next day and it put it all in one 24 hour period. I didn’t cheat, I swear it.
And a very interesting month it was too. In keeping with Monica’s writing method I tracked everything.


The columns across are times, word count start and finish, words per session, daily total, words per hour and words per minute.
I did 20 minute writing sprints with short breaks in a Pomodoro style of 3 or 4 then took a longer break. I did seem to decline rapidly if I did too many of them, so I have learnt something from that: longer breaks are good. I used my breaks to walk so I've hit my step goals for the month as well. Go, me.
This is my threesome romance. I can’t tell if I’m just good at writing that kind of content, or if I was in a coffee guzzling panic as the end of the month (and the deadline) approached. Meh… either way, my words per hour average for the month is 1155.
So doing the math: if I wrote for one hour every day, I should have 1155x365= 421,575 words in a year.
What? No, no, no, that can’t be right. That’s like 4 entire books.
*frowns at figures* recalculates* admits math is right*
Huh.
I did kind of let the 500 word a day project go. But I added a lot of words to the haunted house story. It’s now at that read through, this scene should happen before that scene, did I just change the name of a character three times (he was matt, then max, then something else that started with M- mick? Bad, bad brain), oh the math on the character ages and children don’t add up… that stage. Do I like this stage of story writing? No. no, I do not.
My total of all words for the month is 91,191 which IS an entire book.

So, I have no excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment